We have the following rifles on the farm:
You may also bring your own rifles:
The rifle must be declared at the airport upon arrival in South Africa and the owner of the firearm must have the following in his/her possession: proof of purchase, sworn affidavit of ownership or a customs declaration. It is important to note however that no semi automatic or automatic weapons may be imported into South Africa. It is also important to note that no person under the age of 21 will be allowed to import a rifle into South Africa. Ammunition may only be in the rifle caliber you are bringing in. No other ammunition allowed.
If you plan on traveling and using your personal firearm on your hunt the following documents are required to be in your possession upon arrival in Johannesburg to secure your temporary firearm license:
- Firearm Licence/Permit/Certificate – From your country to verify proof of ownership & serial of firearm. For United States clients a US Custom and Border Protection form 4457 is all that is required. Download the form here.
- SAPS 520 Form – Must be completed in black ink. Wait to sign until in South Africa while at SAP office. Download the form here.
- Airline ticket – Please make several photocopies of your flight itinerary – 1 copy is required to be given to the South Africa police for the issuing of your firearm permit.
- Invitation letter – from Outfitter, kindly contact us to request one.
- Motivation letter – from Outfitter, kindly contact us to request one.
- Passport – Valid at least 6 months from date of arrival in South Africa. Please make several photocopies of the bio data page of your passport. One copy is required to be given to the South Africa police for the issuing of your firearm permit.